Friday, December 02, 2005

ROME

The new series from HBO, well, rocks! The cast, especially Caesar (Ciaran Hind), is absolutely amazing! I have yet to ascertain of its historical accuracy, but it is still impressive even if it has none. Another great production from HBO, joining the ranks of Band of Brothers, Six Feet Under, and Carnivale. The pre-Caesar Republic of Rome is unnervingly familiar, though ; filthy streets, chaotic citizens, squabbling politicians, widespread corruption and immorality, a republic failing its people.

"Our beloved Republic is in the hands of madmen! This is a dark day, and I stand at a fork in the road. I can abide the law and surrender my arms to the Senate - and watch the Republic fall to tyranny and chaos. Or, I can go home with my sword in hand and run those maniacs to the Tarpean Rock!"

No comments: