Sunday, June 13, 2004

broken heart... who cares?

What's so scary about falling for someone? Is it the sleepless nights, neglected meals, awkward moments? The moments when your eyes meet and you purposely flick your eyes in another direction, but with her still having your complete focus. Or if she or someone else will notice that you covertly took her picture. Or the smiles that you unsuccessfully try to hide.

It's the rejection of course, when she rejects and denies ever having you in her life. When you hold her hand and she breaks away. When you can't do anything but sit and watch and wonder if she will ever look at you again without a pinch of contempt in her lips. When all you can do is wait for the time when she is completely lost from your life.

My angel... the heartbreaker.

But my heart's been broken countless times before, and look I'm still here. Your smile still takes away all my weariness, and gives me strength to mend a heart you've crushed.

No comments: